Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shameless Self-Promotion

“With the advent of cognitive psychology and the extremely dynamic disciplines collectively called neuroscience, conceptions of intelligence have drastically evolved. These disciplines no longer view the brain simply as a giant computational organ. Logic, while important, is not the sole summation of the myriad parts of the brain. The mind is no longer a spiritual abstraction. The mind is now considered, from empirical evidence, to be the self conscious by-product of multiple parts of the brain working collectively and often layering on, interconnecting with, and redundantly supporting the other areas of the brain.”

-Zachary Oliver, EdD.

Dear Readers,
I know that this kind of reading typically falls outside of the norm for blogs on the Internet. Thank you for bearing with me during the course of the last month. It has been my hope to use this blog to help my book develop a market.

Falling but Fulfilled” is a gentle book. It is filled with stories designed to give voice to the learner still hiding inside of each of us, like we did in the back of a closet during an especially fierce game of hide and seek.

While it isn’t filled with complex sentences and challenging ideas like the quick excerpt I included above as the quote for the day. You may be thinking: Then, why would you use a quote like this to communicate your book?”

This is a fair question.

In this quote, I feel the intellectual message of the book is clearly articulated. Truly, there is so much more to being smart than formalized analytical skills, such as those inherent in structured logic. People exhibit intelligence in the creative ways in which we solve problems, in the domains with which we feel a connection, and in the fast fluid world of social interractions with the speed of perception and the power of a quick wit.

My book, “Falling but Fulfilled”, speaks to the stories which I’ve lived that have brought this learning into my consciousness. Throughout its pages, readers are challenged through my storytelling to sift back through their own memories looking for analagous experiences.

So, excuse me for my shameless self-promotion. The thing is: I believe in my sweet little book. I believe that it deserves a chance in this big wide world. I believe that it offers a fresh perspective for a world full of burned-out people.

I hope that it brings you as much joy to read it as it did for me to write it.

I look forward to reading your reviews here and on Amazon!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment