Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nightmares and Daydreams

Dear Readers,
I came across an excellent Japanese proverb a few years ago which has been rumbling around my brain and in several of my classrooms. I don’t typically like proverbs as a root of examination. I think that it’s because I want to velcro the words and perspectives in a quote to a person and to the time in which they lived. In this case, though, I think the proverb really reminds me of the two-sidedness needed to really see a project through to its successful completion. I leave all of you tonight with a very short and touching group of words that I feel are timely during this most dreamy season.
“Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare.”
I wish all of you the best of days leading up to our New Year’s celebration complete with all of those fresh challenges and resolutions with which we feel ready to challenge ourselves.
With respect,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment