Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reincarnation of Blog

Aloha All,

Please excuse my absence. Life has been busy.
In the last few months, I've edited many books which will start coming out. In fact, the first one, "Almost Paradise" by Laurie Hanon is now available (at http://www.savantbooksandpublications.com/currentworks.php). It's a mystery set in Hawaii. So, for all of you curious about what life is really like here, beyond coconuts and palm trees, this fun little novel does dig a little deeper.

As far as my reason for starting the blog again: I really wanted this space to be an interesting opportunity to reflect on some of the great quotes which are floating through our various media. So, in this iteration, I've asked my doctoral students to read some books that go beyond the basic studies they are responsible for and select quotes and discuss them.

I figure this is a great opportunity for an interesting conversation for my student community to have with the wider world. I am truly impressed with the level of reflection bubbling to the surface among these students and am honored to have the opportunity to share these ideas with the world. Over the course of the next few weeks, new posts will be coming out that will be written by these awesome members of our learning community.

Z. Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment